Saturday, October 8, 2011

Self Employed Vs. Company Employed


I do know that there are lots of people who would have wondered which one is best to choose although obviously they will say Self-employed because you don’t have any boss of your own and you manage your own time. There is also nothing wrong with being company employed because you earn regularly or constantly as long as you are legally employed by the company.

If you are familiar with the Author of the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiosaki, which mostly advised to be read by people who are into Multi-level marketing or Direct Selling, they would say that there are four types of people in this world.

With money, but has no time
Without money, but has time
With money, but has time
Without money but has no time




Now which of the four types given are you? Most of us even when we’re working, we do ask for a part-time work or pay to get something extra because life these days are hard and we know for the fact that using our time wisely is like saving more money. People tend to do business even if they are already employed. Sounds like a winner to me if I were to choose. People just need to realize the importance also of being company employed because they earn money, and they can save this money to invest in a business.

We do believe that we age as time goes by and not all people can work for a lifetime. Being self-employed needs determination and extra challenge because you are the boss and you need to stand strong in your business. I haven’t seen a person who is self-employed for a reason of short term only, this is a long term run, this means serious business because if you are self-employed you depend on yourself and when there is no money to compensate in your business, you close down.

It is not that easy to be self-employed. You need to study every detail that concerns your business. Some people who thinks that putting up a business is easy just because they have money, but never studied the market and never even considered to be happy with what they do tends to lose grounds easily. Economy is not fixed, it has its own ups and downs so people that stays to run their own business needs constant innovation and mass appeal to the public.

Actually there is a quadrant that Kiosaki mentioned which involves these four (Employment, Big business, Investment and Self-employed or Small Business). There are also formulations on which one earns best and what strategy is good to implement. For now, my topic just talks about the two (company employed and self-employed). It’s a big topic actually which can be chunk into smaller pieces and this is just a nugget of what I will discuss again on my next post. Interesting topic by the way and hope that you may as well have an idea of what I am talking about.

1 comments:

krizza said...

I had a copy of the book by Robert Kiyosaki which was given to me by a friend as a gift. The book is quite interesting and gives you the idea of how to get out from the rat race and build your own business. For my personal opinion, I would love to earn from my own business but in consideration that entering into business is quite risky, I would like to play a "safe game". I would do it while still having my corporate job so at least when something went wrong, I wouldn't be in a difficult situation. I cannot gamble with the future of my family. But given the chance, it's great to build your own business...

Post a Comment